Monday 7 April 2014


Barbara Breitenfellner








Ok so im really considering re-creating this performance piece by Barbara Breitenfellner for my degree show 'Just a little piece...smaller...smaller'

As quoted in the book above 'there is no paralysing/paralysed gaze: hair will grow back sooner or later again, her body will be modestly dressed again so that sex and seduction can start again.’


My hair is the one thing that is untouched, I never cut it and i feel that it is the one thing that makes me feel in control. I stand by the fact that I hate the word femininity and if this is the one thing that constantly makes me attractive and feminine, then why should i keep it? Would men still whistle at me as they drive past in their van and will men in nightclubs still pathetically attempt to take me home for a shag if my long blonde hair was now a shaven skin head?      

No comments:

Post a Comment